Platon Private School -
Glyka Nera Attica, Greece
Platon is a private school established in 1969 with a total of 900 pupils and 50 teachers on the academic staff. It is certified and holds many awards in the field of education. Its facilities are located in Glyka Nera Attica and include classrooms for K-12 students, as well as a library, workshops, stadiums, and swimming pools.
There was a need for Wi-Fi network coverage for the school facilities, specifically the entire interior of the basement, ground floor, and first & second floors. The objective was to provide students with positive learning benefits with internet-connected devices instead of just the traditional blackboard.
The network was designed using the EnGenius ezWiFi Planner tool, which helps users visualize the Wi-Fi planning design before deploying the ideal number of access points.
ezMaster network management software was installed in the technical department allowing network managers to remotely monitor, manage and troubleshoot the school’s network and APs. The management software can manage devices locally as well as remotely over the internet.
The EnGenius EWS330AP Dual Band 802.11AC Wave 2 access points provided the school with several benefits:
• MU-MIMO High-speed 802.11AC Wave 2 AP technology can serve 250-300 users simultaneously.
• Every network access point can be centrally managed.
• The large number of APs can operate at much lower power.
• The technology can support multiple networks.
• The APs give users fast, seamless connection as they move about the campus and their devices switch from one AP to the next.
• The APs come equipped with captive portal mode.
Professional Services, the EnGenius distributor in Greece, successfully implemented the EnSky Solution and installed the EWS330AP access points for complete school-wide coverage.
Pantelis Dorlis, IT Engineer at Platon Private School, was very pleased with the results.
“By using centralized management ezMaster, we have overview of all the internet usage from different SSIDs such as administration, teachers, and students. Easy and safe!” he said.